Effective Date: April 20, 2018
1. Information We Collect.
(a) Our Products and Service: We may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, phone number, email address, IP address, or similar, when you register for an account or place an order. If you choose to purchase a product from us, our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information. We do not store your payment details on our servers. We do send (very) occasional promotional emails, if you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt out of them by using the unsubscribe link on a promotional email message or by emailing our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile application each time you access our website(s). For example, when you access our website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your operating system, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and other such information. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
(d) Access And Retention Of Data Controlled By Our Customers: An individual who is a current or former Local DIY customer who seeks access or wishes to correct, amend or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to email@example.com. If we receive a request under this provision, we will acknowledge it within seventy-two (72) business hours and handle it promptly.
We will retain personal data we process for as long as needed to provide our products and services. Local DIY will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
2. How We Use Your Information. We use the information that we collect to operate and maintain our Sites and supply products, send you marketing communications, respond to your questions and concerns.
3. How We Share Your Information.
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: Local DIY will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of Local DIY (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). We may share your personally identifiable information with our trusted business partners, for example we would share your name and address with our courier to deliver your order or we may share your name, address, contact and order details with our supplier where the order is being shipped direct from the supplier. Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available on our Sites, such as posting comments on our blog page, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our Sites copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Sites or if other users have copied or saved that information. If you need assistance removing a comment on one of our sites, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If we receive a request under this provision, we will acknowledge it within seventy-two (72) business hours and handle it promptly.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may store and analyse non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) to help us understand our website visitors and how we can improve our websites and services. Such information may be stored on our service providers servers. We do not share this non-personally identifiable information with any third parties. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
(c) Instances Where We Are Required To Share Your Information: Local DIY will disclose your information where required to do so by law, if subject to legal summons or other legal proceeding or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our Websites.
(d) What Happens In The Event Of A Change Of Control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, and other User information related to the Local DIY websites may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
(e) Behavioural Targeting / Re-Targeting: We partner with third parties to display advertising on our Sites and manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools.
(f) Testimonials: We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
4. Storage and Processing. Your information collected through the Local DIY websites is stored and processed in the UK. We will not transfer information, including personal information outside the UK.
5. How We Protect Your Information. We use secure socket layer technology (SSL) on our sites to help keep your personal information (such as log in credentials) safe and secure. Your payment details are passed securely to trusted third-party partners to collect payments, these companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes. In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose. For your additional security, Local DIY do not store your payment details. If you have any questions about security on our sites, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Local DIY self-certifies compliance with the UK data protection act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries. Local DIY has certified that it adheres to the requirements of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement.
7. Compromise of Personal Information. In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, Local DIY will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
8. Our Choices About Your Information. For current Local DIY customers, you can review, correct, update or delete inaccuracies to the information about you that Local DIY keeps on file by logging into your account to update your password and billing information. Alternately (and for former Local DIY customers), you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We will acknowledge your request within seventy-two (72) hours and handle it promptly. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
9. Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Local DIY does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Your browser will probably automatically accept them, but if you prefer you can change the settings of your browser to decline cookies. Please note, if you decline cookies from LocalDIY you will not be able to take full advantage of our website and you will be unable to order online. Here is a list of cookies we use:
|Cookie Name||Set by||Expiry||Purpose||Link|
|Nop.Customer||1st party (Local DIY Site)||1 Year||Identifies the user and allow for the ecommerce platform to work properly.|
|NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH||1st party (Local DIY Site)||Session||Identifies the user and allows authentication to the server|
|NopCommerce.RecentlyViewedProducts||1st party (Local DIY Site)||10 Days||Identifies and products viewed recently to help user find them again quickly.|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||1st party (Local DIY Site)||Session||Preserves users states across page requests.|
|_ga||1st party (Local DIY Site)||2 Years||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en|
|_gid||1st party (Local DIY Site)||1 Day||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en|
|_gat||1st party (Local DIY Site)||Session||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en|
|JSESSIONID||3rd party (secure.worldpay.com)||Session||If you choose to purchase any products and pay using debit or credit card this cookie is set by Worldpay to identify and secure the transaction.||https://www.worldpay.com/uk/privacy-policy|
|machine||3rd party (secure.worldpay.com)||Session||If you choose to purchase any products and pay using debit or credit card this cookie is set by Worldpay to identify and secure the transaction.||https://www.worldpay.com/uk/privacy-policy|
|TawkConnectionTime||3rd party (tawk.to)||Session||Third party cookie that remembers you so that we can link chat conversations together to provide a better service.||https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/|
|Tawk_[unique-id]||3rd party (tawk.to)||10 Years||Third party cookie that remembers you so that we can link chat conversations together to provide a better service.||https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/|
|_RequestVerificationToken||3rd party (tawk.to)||Session||Third party cookie that remembers you so that we can link chat conversations together to provide a better service.||https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/|
|_tawkuuid||3rd party (tawk.to)||10 years||https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/|
|__cfduid||3rd party (tawk.to)||1 Year||https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/|
|ss||3rd party (tawk.to)||Session||https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/|
|ss||3rd party (tawk.to)||Session||https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/|
|tawkUUID||3rd party (tawk.to)||None||https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/|
|NID||3rd party (Google.com)||6 Months||Advertising cookie by google|
|CONSENT||3rd party (Google.com)||20 Years||Cookie consent setting||https://policies.google.com/technologies/types|
|test_cookie||3rd party (doubleclick.net)||Session||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.||https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2839090?hl=en|
|IDE||3rd party (doubleclick.net)||2 Years||Third party cookies set by Double Click and used on some of our websites to ensure that browsers are not served the same advert multiple times. The cookies expire after two years.||https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2839090?hl=en|
|PYPF||3rd Party (paypalobjects.com)||1 Month||If you choose to purchase any products and pay using paypal this cookie is set by Paypal to identify and secure the transaction.||https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev|
|LANG||3rd Party (paypal.com)||Session||If you choose to purchase any products and pay using paypal this cookie is set by Paypal to identify and secure the transaction.||https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev|
|X-PP-SILOVER||3rd Party (paypal.com)||Session||If you choose to purchase any products and pay using paypal this cookie is set by Paypal to identify and secure the transaction.||https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev|
|nsid||3rd Party (paypal.com)||Session||https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev|
|ts||3rd Party (paypal.com)||Session||https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev|
|tsrce||3rd Party (paypal.com)||1 Day||https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev|
Local DIY Ltd
41 St. Clair Street